A version of the modern classic Mojito cocktail.
This swaps in Gordon’s London Dry Gin and basil for the traditional rum and mint combination that leaves a great lingering taste.
- 50ml.Gordon’s® Sloe Gin
- 1tspBrown Sugar
- 10leavesBasil Leaves
- 1splash(es)Soda Water
- ➤1.9 units of alcohol per serve
- 1 xTall glass
- 1 xJigger
- 1 xMuddler
- 1 xStrainer
- 1 xChopping Board
- 1 xKnife
How to make
- Muddle basil leaves and brown sugar in a cocktail shaker.Press down on 10 basil leaves and a teaspoon of brown sugar with a muddler to extract the juices and flavour in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in Gordon’s Sloe Gin and ice.Use a jigger to measure 50ml Gordon’s Sloe Gin and add ice cubes to the shaker.
- Shake until coldShake the mixture vigorously until the surface of the cocktail shaker feels chilled.
- Pour into a tall glass.Pour the mixture into a tall glass.
- Top up with soda water.Top up the drink with a splash of soda water.
This article was originally publisged on: https://uk.thebar.com/